Open to students in grades K-5
Pre-registration is required. We cannot guarantee availability with registration less than 24 hours prior to the Play Day. Pre-registration allows us to staff accordingly for the number of students attending.
Winter 2014 Play Days
WHAT IS PLAY DAY?
Play Day is an all-day theater workshop scheduled on a teacher workday, national holiday, or parent/teacher conference day.
Students are divided by age into two or three groups (depending upon enrollment).
Each group rotates to acting, games & improv, musical theatre, and crafts.
Classes are high energy, and the day is long for young people.
There are three breaks during the day – mid-morning, lunch, and mid-afternoon.
Students will perform a short skit or musical theatre number at 5:00PM for families.
They will take home a craft project based on our theme for the day.
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW:
- •Students need to wear shoes that will stay on feet.
- •If students wear socks, they may walk in stocking feet.
- •Bring a sack lunch that does not require heating or cooling.
- •Please do not send soda, milk, or other drinks that will stain clothing or carpeting.
- •TRYPS provides a gummy snack in the morning and chip or cracker snack in the afternoon and a bottle of water.
- •If your child has allergies or other dietary concerns, please send a snack alternative.
- •If your child will arrive or leave early, please let the staff know ahead of time. It will helps us with dance partners and role assignments.
Play Day staff includes a combination of professional teachers and artists:
Jill Womack, Executive Artistic Director
Sherri Baumeister, Business Manager
Corey Dunne, BFA Theatre Education & TRYPS Senior Teacher
Donna Hills, Retired CPS Teacher
PLAY DAY SCHEDULE:
8:00A-8:30A - Drop off
8:30-12 NOON – Classes & Mid-Morning Snack
12:00-12:30P - Lunch
12:30-1:00P – Group activity (karaoke, limbo, human foosball, dance)
1:00-4:30 – Classes & Mid-Afternoon Snack
4:30-5:00P – Group activity & performance review
- •Morning and afternoon snacks
- •TRYPS water bottle
- •Craft supplies
$30 per student per day. $40 per student if enrolled less than 24 hours prior (pending availability).
10% discount for siblings enrolled on the same Play Day.
TRYPS accepts cash, checks, Mastercard, Visa, and Discover.
If your child requires para assistance or special assistance at school *including accommodations regarding curriculum and/or behavior*, please disclose this information to the TRYPS staff as you enroll.
- •The curriculum is very high energy and interactive.
- •The TRYPS staff is limited and does not have a para teach available.
- •Please discuss any special condition or diagnosis your child may have with the staff prior to enrollment. The safety of your child and other students is something we take very seriously.
ENROLLMENT FORM - LINK
We will notify you by email when we receive your enrollment form. Send forms:
FAX: (573) 449-4548
Mail: TRYPS • 2300 Bernadette, #918 • Columbia, MO 65203
Drop off: TRYPS at the mall