HEALTH AND SAFETY PROTOCOLS
IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO REVIEW AND TO DISCUSS WITH YOUR CHILD.
FAMILIES AND STUDENTS MUST AGREE TO ADHERE TO THESE SAFETY MEASURES TO PARTICIPATE.
AT A GLANCE
To ensure the safety of our patrons and staff we have implemented the following cleaning and safety procedures for all in-person classes:
• Students, instructors, and staff are required to wear masks
• Curbside contact-less check-in/out;
• No visitors in the building
• Health assessment at the start of each class
• Temperature checks of staff and students at the start of each class
• Limited class sizes and no commingling of groups or classrooms
• Classrooms and curriculum developed to ensure physical distancing •
• Frequent hand washing or use of hand sanitizer
• Routine sanitizing of program spaces and supplies
• No use of shared materials or difficult to clean items
• Students will be closely monitored for symptoms
The TRYPS staff will reach out shortly before class begins with a reminder and any updates on what to bring (and what to leave at home) as well as check-in procedures for the first day of class. If you have any questions or concerns, we are happy to help. Contact us at email@example.com.
For in-person classes, TRYPS asks staff, students, and families to adhere to the following health and safety guidelines:
The TRYPS has implemented contactless curbside drop-off and pick-up for the entirety of 2021.
Building admittance is limited to staff and students only. If your child will be absent, running late for drop-off, pick-up, if you need to drop something off to the student, or need to pick up a student early, Contact us at 573-449-4536 for assistance. We ask parents and students to take extra care to ensure they have all materials needed for the day at the time of drop-off and arrive promptly.
Every family will receive two (2) vehicle tags with the student’s name on them to display in the dashboard of your vehicle for drop-off and pick-up. The carpool tags can be distributed to anyone who will be picking up the child at any point over the course of the class. Report to the designated drop-off location with your car tag in place. Non-student participants must remain in the vehicle. To expedite drop-off and for the safety of your child, we recommend seating your camp participant on the passenger side of the vehicle.
Make sure your mask and the student’s mask are on and remain in your vehicle.
A staff member (wearing a mask) will greet you to facilitate the check-in process outlined below:
• Each Day: Staff Member conducts a temperature check on camp participant using an infrared thermometer.
• Students with a temperature of 100.4° F or greater will not be admitted, no exceptions.
• If your child is feeling unwell, please believe them. It is a safety concern for everyone to admit children who are feeling sick or experience illness.
• Each Day: Staff Member facilitates a health assessment for camp participant.
– Day 1 Only: Parents are walked through Health Assessment Questionnaire for the camp participant. Parent should remain in vehicle. Students with fever, coughing, or shortness of breath symptoms will not be admitted.
– All Subsequent Days:
A staff member will ask if there have been any changes to the participant's health status as it relates to COVID-19. Once students have successfully been granted entry, they can enter the building while wearing a mask. Then parents/guardians should clear the area to expedite other check-ins.
Student pick-up is conducted outside the building at the same location as drop-off.
Parents and approved pick-up individuals must remain in their vehicles.
Students will remain socially distanced inside the building until their ride arrives, at which point a staff member will hold the door open to allow the student to exit.
To expedite pick-up, parents are provided two (2) vehicle tags with their student’s name to be displayed on the dashboard of your vehicle for pick-up. This allows our staff to prepare your student for pick-up when your vehicle approaches.
A staff member will escort your student(s) to the vehicle for curbside pick-up. Once your student’s pick-up is complete, please clear the area to expedite other pick-ups.
Students will be released in the order cars line up, so please plan accordingly if you have an obligation after camp/class and arrive early!
The TRYPS teaching staff is fully vaccinated, however teaching artists and staff will wear masks each day. During your student’s time in class, all students will also be required to wear a mask. TRYPS will have extra masks should a student forget, but we ask that students provide their own masks. Now is a good time to discuss with your students about why wearing masks is important, and how it protects the spread of germs between friends. It is also helpful to remind students of proper coverage (covering both mouth and nose.) We will not accept a neck gaiter as suitable protection. We will incorporate this conversation into the classroom conversations as well.
Students will remain in the designated classroom with the same students and teaching artists for the entire class. On the first day, each student will be given a space in the classroom for personal items that is separated from the space of other students. This space will be used for each class. Students are not allowed to touch the personal items of other students, no exceptions. All classes are limited to 8 students in a classroom. They will remain in the same room for the duration of class with the same teaching artist. Students are socially distanced (six feet apart) in their classroom. Activities have been modified to comply with social distancing guidelines.
If students are enrolled in the Encore or Mainstage production, we will use our larger classroom area to accommodate a larger number of distanced students.
PERFORMANCES & RECITALS
• No in-person performances are scheduled for the remainder of 2021.
• Parents, guardians, and family members will not be allowed into the TRYPS space to observe classes or attend a performance.
• All performances, skits, and recitals will be recorded through Zoom and shared via email.
• For the safety of our students and for copyright protections, Zoom recordings may NOT be shared through social media.
We highly recommend that students taking 60-90 minute classes use the restroom at home before classes. Through the guidance of the teaching artist, students will be released for restroom breaks, one student at a time. Water fountains will not be available for use, so please send your student with a FULL water bottle. In addition to bathroom breaks, teaching artists will be requiring students take hand washing and sanitizing breaks several times during classes.
TEMPERATURE CHECKS & SYMPTOMS
Student and staff health is our first priority. Temperature checks will be taken and recorded at morning drop off each day. However, if a student shows symptoms, we will move them to an isolated area with a staff member. Our staff will contact the emergency number we have on file and you will need to pick up your child within one hour of the call.
If the student doesn’t present with a fever the next morning or symptoms of COVID-19, they are welcome to return the next day. If a positive case is identified, all camp families will be notified while keeping confidentiality of the student. The staff will also notify any students exposed.
Symptoms may include:
• Fever or chills • Shortness of breath/difficulty breathing • Headache
• Fatigue • Muscle or body aches • Sore throat
• Cough • Congestion or runny nose • Nausea or vomiting
• Diarrhea • New loss of taste or smell
ADDITIONAL SAFETY MEASURES
TRYPS uses CDC and EPA recommended disinfectant and cleaning products to clean high touch surfaces frequently throughout the day. Additionally, our partner locations provide thorough nightly disinfecting services. Additional hand sanitizer stations and disinfectant wipes are available to staff and students to maintain a sanitized environment throughout the day. All students and their families must comply with our health and safety protocols. Individuals that do not follow health and safety protocols will not be permitted to attend class.
CHANGES IN COVID SAFETY GUIDELINES
We continue to monitor updates related to COVID-19 and will notify participants of any changes to the plan in-person at check-in/check-out and by email. If at any time in-person offerings are no longer deemed safe, TRYPS reserves the right to discontinue in-person offerings and will pivot to Zoom.