AUDITIONS FOR NEWSIES
Rising 4th-12th graders and college students in Fall 2022
To appear in the Mainstage/full productions, all students must be
fully vaccinated by March 20th - the audition workshop.
There is only one ensemble of NEWSIES.
Some of the adult roles may be pre-cast.
TRYPS reserves the right to double-cast leading roles to protect the
ensemble against loss of performances.
The mandatory audition workshop and auditions will be held at TRYPS:
Columbia Mall • 2300 Bernadette Dr., #918
To attend the audition workshop, you must pre-enroll:
Email TRYPS by March 14th: firstname.lastname@example.org
1. Confirm your name/child's name and grade level
2. Confirm that the person auditioning is fully vaccinated with the COVID vaccine by March 20th.
3. Confirm that the person auditioning will attend the audition workshop on Sunday, March 20th from 1-4PM and both nights of the auditions – Tues & Wed, March 22-23 from 6-8PM
• All actors MUST pre-enroll to attend the auditions.
• TRYPS will continue to practice safety and distancing. We must know how many actors plan to attend so that we
may adequately staff and distance attendees.
Read all the Audition Information below.
Download all the Audition paperwork and fill it out prior to the workshop:
1. Personal Information Form (if you are enrolling in TRYPS for the first time since July 2021 • 18+ may fill in the appropriate emergency and vaccine info.)
2. Conflict Calendar and mark all full or partial absences
3. Resume form and attach a photo that will not be returned TRYPS assists many local casting opportunities,
so having this form on-hand for your family is very helpful!
4. Scholarship application (if needed)
5. DO NOT email the paperwork. Your child will bring it with them to the Audition Workshop on March 20th.
6. Actors with outstanding tuition balances may not audition until the balance is paid in full.
TRYPS will email touchless drop off/pick up instructions. You may NOT walk up for admittance.
If you have further questions, email TRYPS at: email@example.com